The teen years are a great time for your children. It’s a time of learning, a time of exploring and it’s also a time when they are starting to look ahead to the future. Decisions such as which college to attend, what should be your field of study and others are starting to enter the minds of teenagers and parents. One of the biggest challenges along the way is how can your teenager handle the finances of college and the future?
Teenagers, whether they are looking at college, military or the job market should be concerned with several financial areas. They include establishing and maintaining a budget to pay the expenses they are facing. Teenagers may need to pay for automobile expenses, education expenses, living expenses, food, clothing and more. In many cases a part time job will be needed to meet those expenses.
But budgeting is just one small step for older teens. They should also become smarter shoppers by not just buying something they like. Instead it would be financially wise if they researched and found the best deal available. In addition, many older teenagers will be looking to establish credit. It is important for them to use credit wisely and get your credit history established and on the proper train.
Teenagers and parents need to take these financial responsibilities seriously. Parents need to help establish good financial habits at an early age, which hopefully will continue when the teenager gets older. And teens need to ensure that they take this advice to heart. To assist teens and parents, we have gathered a variety of links related to important financial topics. We hope this helps your family prepare your teenager for their financial future.
- Budgeting Basics for Teens
- Budgeting Made Simple
- Apps to Help Set Up a Student Budget
- Advantages of Budgeting for College Students
- Creating a Realistic Budget for College
- Money Saving Tips for Teens
- Money Management for Kids and Teens
- Practical Money Tips
- Financial Literacy Education
- Smart Shopping
- How to Be a Savvy Online Consumer
- Guide to Shopping on a Budget
- Money Management for Teens
- Wise Buys for Teens
- Teenagers and Credit Cards
- Starting a Credit History
- Consumer Tips for Teens
- Teaching Teens About Credit
- Information About Teens and Credit Cards
- Savings Made Simple
- Money Talk for Parents
- Practicing Money Decisions
- Quick Tips for Managing Money
- High School Financial Planning Program
- Teaching Financial Lessons at Home
- Financial Tools and Resources
- Teen Financial Tips